Tuesday, July 30, 2013

All packed up with one place to go

And so it begins.  Tomorrow I will board the tiny plane from LAM to ABQ.  A whopping 20 min. flight.  Beats the 2 hour drive, though I'm told the late afternoon flight that I'm on can get a bit exciting, especially this time of year.

For those of you that have no idea what we've been up to, or what exactly "begins" tomorrow, let me 'splain ... no, there is too much.  Let me sum up. (Yes, I typed that with a Spanish accent)

I've taken a visiting professor/researcher position at two prominent scientific institutes in France (L'Institut du Physique du Globe du Paris, and L'Institut Langevin) for the next 5 months.   I leave tomorrow.  In the mean time Kay and the kids have gone to NZ for the same time.  They left last week.  We regroup back here in New Mexico for Christmas, just in time to get in some good Taos skiing.

Since NZ and France are essentially at opposite points on the globe, daily skypeing and phone calls will be logistically difficult.  Thus "Half a World Away" was born.  A way for us to keep up on what is happening on the other side of the Earth and let family and friends follow our adventures if they wish.

Welcome to our lives and feel free to comment when the mood strikes you.

Wish us luck,

TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment